Re: need a video function in wheezy

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 09:21:33PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> I have a machine vision utility for use on a CNC machine, that uses
> gladevcp.
>
> But the launching script, in xml, is looking for a specific lib:
>
>  <requires lib="gtk+" version="2.24"/>
>
> which if it ever did exist in wheezy, was since removed.
>
> This script is of course editable, so are the functions that were in this
> lib, now available in a different package? If so, likely suspects
> please?

Hi Gene,

I suspect that your tool was built with the naming conventions used by
Red Hat in mind.  You probably need to change lib="gtk+" to
lib="gtk+2.0".  Here is the link to the source package in wheezy:

https://packages.debian.org/source/wheezy/gtk+2.0

Another possible candidate would be lib="libgtk2.0-0" for the name of
the actual binary package.

Regards,

-Roberto

--