Re: New Motherboard installation question

On 16.11.2017 21:57, J.W. Foster wrote:
I installed a new motherboard on a system that I run as as a server. Same system has 3 1tb disks with Debian stable installed, and 1 with Windows 10 installed, all booting at my discretion from grub. I was able to get all of the drives to operate, and Im using one for this. However I have noticed a crap load of boot error messages when I watch the system boot on anything except Windows, as it does not display any boot messages. As I said it's working but those error messages were not there before I replaced the motherboard, which was in fact defective. Both the old board and the new one are ASUS. I figure that I need to do some type of Linux maintenance reset, but as I have never done a replacement without doing a complete reinstall of all the software, I have no idea what to do. Any tips are welcome, and no I have not researched this online. I'm just seeking info from folks that have done this before.
Thanks
John
Can you show us what error messages exactly look like? It will be a good start.
Use this command to get system logs:
    $ sudo journalctl -b

Also, post full specs of your computer.

It is probably a good idea to check ASUS support site for a BIOS update for your motherboard, as recent hardware is likely to be rushed to the market asap and patched later.

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org