Re: Re: Reproducible bug

>On Wed, Nov 08, 2017 at 08:19:11PM +0100, Laurent Lyaudet wrote:
>>    Hello,
>>
>>    I found a reproducible bug in latest stable Debian on my laptop.
>>    My install is up-to-date with latest security updates (that's the first
>>    thing I do anytime I start my laptop).
>>    I'm using Gnome.
>>    Steps to reproduce on my laptop:
>>     - activate the wifi with upper right screen controls
>>     - repeatedly click on "Activities" in the upper left corner to show the
>>    quick launch bar and click below to hide it. After a few seconds after the
>>    network connection is set, the click on Activities no longer works. After
>>    one minute, it starts working again.
>>
>>    Note that if I don't activate the wifi, then I can repeatedly click on
>>    "Activities" without triggering the bug.
>
>This sounds like some sort of network-related time out.  Do you have
>LDAP authentication, Kerberos, Samba, NFS automounts, etc.?  Does it
<always happen regardless of what wireless network you connect to?  Could
<it be the DNS configuration, whether that is the configuration pushed by
>the network's DHCP server or an override configuration you are using?

Hello Roberto,

Thanks for the response.
I have nothing of LDAP authentication, Kerberos, Samba, NFS, etc.

I'm using my laptop only at home with the box of my ISP.
I changed nothing with the box for years.
When I fresh installed Debian Stretch, the only thing I did was choosing the wifi of my box with gnome interface and entering the password for it.
Hence I assume it is using DHCP.
I have no override configuration or anything complicated.

Basically, I just use Firefox with my laptop. Sometimes I code C or PHP stuff or compile latex file but that's it.
I will take my laptop at work, tomorrow, and try to connect to the wifi network there if you think it might help finding the cause.

Thanks, best regards,
   Laurent

Hello Roberto,

As you suggested, I took my laptop at work and tested with the wifi there.
I reproduced the bug also there.
I don't know if I can reproduce it with any wifi network but at least it is not particular to my home network only.

Let me know what I can do next to find the cause of the bug.

Thanks, best regards,
    Laurent