Re: compile problem on older program

Hi,

it seems that gcc just hates a static function declaration inside a function.

This code (without any include)

  static int bla(int x)
  {
   return (x != 1);
  }
  int main()
  {
   static int bla(int x);
   return(bla(0));
  }

yields

  t.c: In function ‘main’:
  t.c:19:13: error: invalid storage class for function ‘bla’
    static int bla(int x);
               ^

The compile time error vanishes if i move the declaration out of the function,
or if i remove the "static", or if i remove the declaration completely
(as it is surplus in both programs, mine and Fred's).

I wonder what gives "static int bla(int x);" such a different meaning inside
and outside a function. To my naive but long tested understanding, both
should differ only by their scope.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas