Re: Why does resolv.conf keep changing?

> Who's saying it must be installed? Maybe I've missed something, but I
> think the consensus in this discussion was that if you want your
> resolv.conf to be unmanaged/static/administrator-controlled, then
> don't have resolvconf installed. If you have resolvconf installed,
> then what's the point of neutering it with a command?

Because in this case OP is running a DHCP client, which *will* overwrite
resolv.conf unless something stops it.

And you can then either try all kinds of workarounds, or install the
tool that's meant to manage resolv.conf in the presence of programs that
want to change it.

Mart

--- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.