Re: [SOLVED] Re: Why does resolv.conf keep changing?

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 07:47:49PM +0000, Curt wrote:
> My response is two venerable hot-shots from this very forum ventured
> into that rather short wiki within the last 24 hours, made edits,
> advertised them here, but couldn't be bothered to fix the fucking thing
> and as a lesser mortal amongst you high-falutin sons of bitches I
> figured it must not be worth the effort (to fix).

Well.  The question is whether to delete that section, or to leave it
in place.  There is no urgent need to delete it, because it is not
factually *wrong*.  It's simply someone's anecdotal experience.

Likewise, there's no reason to correct the grammar.  The grammar and
the shell commands are both awkward and unpolished.  Fixing the grammar
and leaving those awful shell commands unchanged would give the mistaken
impression that those shell commands are actually good.  The way it's
written now, anyone who reads English semi-fluently can tell that it's
an anecdotal appendix, and not a preferred solution.

If you feel that it's better to delete the whole section, then that's
your call.  My preference is to leave content in place wherever possible,
unless the content is wrong, misleading, full of errors, etc.  For all
I know, "Debian 8.8.4.4" may be someone's google search terms that lead
them to this page.  Once they get to the page, then they can read about
the issues and the various ways to achieve their goal.