Re: estamated number of Linux users?

On 2017-10-27 14:27, Ric Moore wrote:
On 10/26/2017 11:21 PM, John Hasler wrote:
Celejar writes:
https://www.linuxcounter.net/
I don't know how meaningful its data are.

Utterly useless.

I wouldn't demean the Linux Counter effort calling it "Utterly
useless". Those folks have maintained the site since 1999 or so. It is
what it is... a database of users who have bothered to have themselves
counted as a Linux User. They don't claim to be anything else. Ric

Just for the fun of it, if really interested on that, maybe build a script to parse the archives of the public mailing lists for the main Linux distros, getting the last active unique emails for the past 6 months... and count them.

just an idea tough...