Re: [SOLVED] Re: Why does resolv.conf keep changing?

On Thu, 26 Oct 2017, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> I do have a syslog package installed and running. It is possible I
> misremembered what was previously logged where, but there is a clear
> discrepancy between what goes to syslog and what systemd captures:

[...]

> In particular, systemd appears to capture this line:
>
> ifup[35433]: mv: cannot move '/etc/resolv.conf.dhclient-new.35546' to
> '/etc/resolve.conf'

That's because systemd also captures STDERR, even if that isn't directly
logged using syslog(). It's one of the rather nice features of systemd.

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic
 -- Terry Pratchett