Re: Why does resolv.conf keep changing?

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 08:31:05PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>
>> and made immutable. Particularly is the fact that /etc/resolv.conf isn't
>> a link to something else but contains:
>>
>> nameserver 192.168.XX.1
>> search  host    dns
>> domain coyote.den
>

> Please stop posting that, it uses incorrect syntax

The 'search host dns' line? How do you set that order? I couldn't find
that from a bit of surfing, and I'd like to have name lookups work in
that order...

And Gene,

Removing all write permissions and setting immutable has stopped
Comcast from trashing my resolv.conf. This week.

Have you looked to see whether the changes are being done by an alien
(Comcast) or from inside the host?

--
Glenn English