Re: LXDE panel disappeared

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 10:18:25 +0900 A_Man_Without_Clue
<love.chaser@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/21/2017 01:28 AM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> > On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 19:31:14 +0900 A_Man_Without_Clue
> > <love.chaser@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I just tried other newly installed Stretch. Same problem. I guess
> >> this is Debian Stretch specific problem.
> >
> > Have you checked LXDE's site for this problem or posted a query
> > about it to their mailing list, etc?
> >
> > I've been testing Stretch 64-bit in VirtualBox, but only with
> > Openbox, LXDE's default window manager, that is, no desktop
> > environment installed, and I don't experience this problem.
> >
> > Check in your user home directory for .config/lxpanel/default/panels
> > and see what's listed.
> >
> > FYI:  I'm using sysvinit as init for this test install, but have not
> > removed any systemd stuff.  Could make a difference.  Who knows?

> I have posted in LXDE forum as well but I haven't got any useful
> response.
>
> I don't see .config/lxpanel/default/panels
> All I got is
>
> /.config/lxpanel/LXDE/panels

There's no prepended /.  .config is a hidden directory in your user's
home directory.  Since I'm not running LXDE and you are, that's
explains the difference.  But there should be configuration files
there for each running panel.

> and I really don't know what to look for.

Read my FOLLOWUP post for what transpired after my initial reply to
your post.