Re: Release files and Key rings

Josh W. wrote:

> Hello. I am having a very hard time setting up repos... each tme it tells
> me there is no release file and that my repos can't authenticate the key
> or keyring.. Here is an attached file to show you what i am talking about.
> Can you help me or at least point me in the right direction. Thank you.
>

> Joshua <joshw8104@gmail.com>

This is BS

apt-get install colobot deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch main
contrib non-free

Correct

apt-get install colobot

Further more it is not clear what you want to achieve. If you want to use
your CD/DVD as a repo without necessary placing it in the disk drive, I can
not advise, as I have never done it.

I have setup an apache server and pointed to the location of the repository.

  Alias /debian/stable "/data-backup/DEVELOPMENT/Debian/stretch"
  Alias /debian/stretch "/data-backup/DEVELOPMENT/Debian/stretch"
  <Directory "/data-backup/DEVELOPMENT/Debian/stretch">
#        Options FollowSymLinks MultiViews Indexes
        Options MultiViews Indexes
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Require all granted
        Allow from 192.168.xx.0/255.255.255.0
        Allow from 172.0.0.0/255.0.0.0
        Allow from 10.10.xx.0/255.255.255.0
  </Directory>

Then in my /etc/apt/source.list (or in source.list.d as a file)

deb http://server/debian/stretch /

Regarding Release file - it is related to your setup IMO. if you solve the
problem, it may not complain (given you have valid repo)

Read (at least) this

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianRepository/Setup
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianRepository/Format

regards