Re: non-free firmware not found despite unofficial CD

On Sun 08 Oct 2017 at 17:28:31 +0200, Emanuel Berg wrote:

> Brian wrote:
>
> > Install using the ethernet connection on the
> > machine. Then sort out the WiFi.
>
> Ethernet doesn't work either! After the
> firmware issue is brought up, the DHCP autoconf
> fails. You are saying this isn't related to the
> missing firmware?
>
> If the firmware is only for WiFi, then it is
> a whole other issue because I don't care
> about WiFi!
>
> Why doesn't Ethernet (DHCP autoconf) work?

I erroneously assumed you were installing over wireless because
firmware for a wireless chip was asked for. Very silly of me. The
firmware question would still be asked if you were installing with
a cabled connection. (Were you?).

If "yes", the failure to get an IP address via DHCP has nothing to
do with missing wireless chip firmware.

--
Brian.