Re: x : keyboard not working

On Saturday 07 October 2017 05:18:24 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 07, 2017 at 05:05:47AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Saturday 07 October 2017 03:27:50 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > > After all, that's why we all ditched windows twenty years ago,
> > > ain't it?
> >
> > Iiyyuupp. But only sorta. I ditched Amigados3.9. I've only ever
> > owned one windows machine.
>
> Well, Amiga... that was something quite a bit different.
>
> You say xp? "My" last Windows was 3.1 (programming in C, as a job).
> Since then just watching Microsoft's shenanigans from the side lines.
>
> [...]
>
> > Actually, my fav reader for such tomfoolery is less.  More can't
> > scroll backwards.  Ya gotta love the *nix sense of humor. Less has
> > everything More doesn't. :)
>
> Then try this:
>
>    less -p 'keyboard-configuration'
> /usr/share/doc/keyboard-configuration/README.Debian
>
> (hey, I just solved a quarter of the reader's exercise ;-)
>
> > > Of course, if your editor is called Emacs, you can pull of that
> > > kind of stunt from within Emacs, with clickable links for each
> > > hit. But I disgress...
> >
> > Thats not an editor, its an os competing with linux!
>
> It's more. It's the dream of the Lisp Machine. But I disgress.

We had lisp on the amiga, bur I never really got on a first name basis
with it. My biggest dissapointment was losing ARexx when the amigas last
hd died. I'll never forgive those two clowns that destroyed the amiga.
They conned William Hawes into doing ARexx, and never paid him a dime.
Now that was an os looking like a language and I was blown away when I
found that Rexx/Regina wasn't even a castrated version of ARexx.  The
amiga didn't have a cron, so Jim and I wrote one, in ARexx.  It didn't
have a heyu, so we wrote one, in ARexx, called it EZHome since we'ed
called the cron EZCron.  We were I think, the first tv station to put
the news on our web page, and we, Jim Hines and I wrote the web server
in ARexx with some help from the still in diapers back then php.

But like you, I digress.

> Cheers
> -- tomás

Cheers tomás, Gene Heskett