Re: x : keyboard not working

On Friday 06 October 2017 19:01:06 deloptes wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I have the same effect, but different log. I have way too many
> > keyboards, none of which work.
>
> Gene, do you have them connected at the same time? or you are
> unplugging and plugging them after each other

Only one at a time.

> Just curious ...

I found it via another post, console-setup was not installed, fixed that
and dpkg-reconfigured the keyboard and the console, rebooted, x is
running normally now. Thats a relief, I thought I was going to have to
hack on udev. :(

Thanks for asking.  To find the clue, install locate, updatedb, then look
for README.Debian, and out of the 40 or 50 that spits out, read the one
with keyboard-config in its locate output line.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)