Re: (solved) Can't find the DNS Servers

On 10/04/2017 01:44 PM, Reco wrote:

The contents of /etc/nsswitch.conf, please.
The current contents of /etc/resolv.conf.

The output of (terminate it with Ctrl+C after 60 seconds):

tcpdump -nvi any udp port 53 or tcp port 53 or udp port 5353

While doing:

getent hosts go.dev

Reco

Hooray, Solved.
Rico, your question about nsswitch.conf was the key. I printed out the file from another computer and found that the "hosts:" line was missing "dns and mdns4'. I added these to the end of the line and everything now works fine. I can't thank all of you enough for your support.

Sincerely

Gary R.