Re: Can't find the DNS Servers

On Tue 03 Oct 2017 at 13:30:11 (-0700), Gary Roach wrote:
> OK Rico> I followed your instructions and still have the same
> problem. Attached are the new files. Already installed were
> isc-dhcp-client and resolvconf. You are right about the br1 entry
> not being needed. the virtual machine works fine without it.

Perhaps you need to rereport your symptoms. Indeed, report them
at all: you said ping worked; pinging what? Can you ping the
loopback? the router? other local hosts, by number or by name?
8.8.8.8? "The same problem" doesn't cut it. At least you've now
got the external nameservers in your resolv.conf. And does your
router do DNS or not?

Cheers,
David.