Re: E-mail headers 101 (was: Can't find the DNS Servers)

On Mon, Oct 02, 2017 at 06:26:08AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 02 October 2017 03:00:28 Reco wrote:
>
> > 	Hi.
> >
> > On Sun, Oct 01, 2017 at 07:26:30PM -0700, Gary Roach wrote:
> > > This is the second time I've tried to send this. The first one just
> > > disappeared to the bit bucket I assume. So lets try again.
> >
> > It did not. Everyone on the list got it, I believe.
> >
> You are using gmail. To gmail, the echo from the list is a duplicate, and
> deleted. Just one of the reasons I left gmail.

You misunderstood me.
I meant that Gary Roach sent two different e-mails recently to this
maillist.
Both e-mails have similar contents.
The one was replying to has this header:

The one I saw but choose not to reply has this header:

Whatever evil sorcery GMail does with mails has nothing to do with this.

Reco