Re: E-mail headers 101 (was: Can't find the DNS Servers)

On Monday 02 October 2017 06:39:00 Reco wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 02, 2017 at 06:26:08AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Monday 02 October 2017 03:00:28 Reco wrote:
> > > 	Hi.

> > > It did not. Everyone on the list got it, I believe.
> >
> > You are using gmail. To gmail, the echo from the list is a
> > duplicate, and deleted. Just one of the reasons I left gmail.
>
> You misunderstood me.
> I meant that Gary Roach sent two different e-mails recently to this
> maillist.
> Both e-mails have similar contents.
> The one was replying to has this header:

> The one I saw but choose not to reply has this header:

> Whatever evil sorcery GMail does with mails has nothing to do with
> this.
>
> Reco

I believe that "evil sorcery" is an accurate description. I had, several
years ago now, a lengthy discussion regarding that over the LL with
googles tech support. They were adamant that it was not open for
discussion.  So I moved my list subscriptions, but left fetchmails
access active, and still used it for PM's. A month or so later
fetchmails logins became invalid intermittently, then permanently. Since
I wasn't of a mind to waste another quarter argueing with a stone wall,
I commented that poll stanza out of my .fetchmailrc. Shrug.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)