Re: Free TCP/IP port numbers?

Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:

> There is official list of all registered port numbers:
> https://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names-port-numbers/service-names-port-numbers.txt
>
> You can choose any port that is not in the list, to be sure they won't
> clash.

The list of port numbers you pointed to me is a subset (or at least not a
superset) of the full list used by Debian packages.

Assuring that my port is not in this IANA list is not enough to ensure that
my port number will not clash with a port number used by a Debian package
(by default).

So your answer to my question is wrong.

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org