Re: sudo slow on DNS lookup, with invalid resolv.conf entries

On Sun 17 Sep 2017 at 22:54:27 +0200, deloptes wrote:

> x9p wrote:
>
> > Should be on debian by default in my opinion.
>
> ... and truly it is

Really? Not on any install I have done and not according to the netcfg
source package:

  * Don't make 'localhost.localdomain' the canonical hostname of 127.0.0.1.
    See Oct 2005 debian-devel discussion with Subject: localhost.localdomain,

  * Per Olofsson
    - Map 127.0.0.1 to localhost in /etc/hosts, make the hostname
      an alias instead.

--
Brian.