Re: Request of recommendations for public Mercurial repository hosting

On 17/09/17 20:00, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:

> On 17/09/17 13:52, Phil Dobbin wrote:
>> GitHub meets all your requirements plus you can host a web site there
>> with their GitHub Pages option.
>>
>> All free to use in your case :-)
>
> Please note that I am asking for *Mercurial* hosting.
>
> Also, I watch disapprovingly as “source code hosting” increasingly
> becomes a synonymous of “GitHub hosting” in the herd's mind. GitHub will
> become (or maybe it is already) a single point of failure. It has a lot
> of user data and the capability to introduce backdoors into a lot of
> software, so it already a juicy target for government agencies. I
> wouldn't host any own project on it even if I used Git for them.

Fair enough. Be sure to let us know if any of those suspicions come to pass.

Cheers,

  Phil.

--
"For 50 years it was like being chained to an idiot"
Kingsley Amis on his loss of libido when he turned fifty

https://www.linuxcounter.net/cert/550036.png