Re: Request of recommendations for public Mercurial repository hosting

On 17/09/17 18:04, Mario Castelán Castro wrote:

> (Note: cross posted to Mercurial mailing list and debian-user mailing list)
>
> Hello. I am looking for a place to host a small free software (as in
> freedom) project. I write to ask for your recommendations.
>
> There are a few requirements:
>
> (1) A public Mercurial repository is required. Features like bug
> trackers, private repositories and pull requests are irrelevant for my
> use case[1].
>
> (2) Hosting static web pages for the project would be good, but it is
> not required.
>
> (3) I highly mistrust and oppose Google (it is the big eye in the
> Internet) so a necessary requirement is that there is no Google JavaScript.
>
> (4) Users that block JavaScript must be able to at least see the
> repository URI. Requiring JavaScript for the developers (me) is
> acceptable, as long as it is not Google's.
>
> My only candidate so far is Bitbucket. I want to know if there are other
> options. I have already discarded SourceForge because it has Google JS.
> All other providers that I know either are paid or do not offer
> Mercurial. Unfortunately, most only offer Git.
>
> Footnotes:
>
> [1]: This is a one-man project and it is formally verified, so the
> probability of bugs is nearly zero. In the event that anybody wants to
> send a patch, it would be handled through e-mail (with “hg bundle”). I
> never understood what is good about pull requests.

GitHub meets all your requirements plus you can host a web site there
with their GitHub Pages option.

All free to use in your case :-)

Cheers,

  Phil.

--
"For 50 years it was like being chained to an idiot"
Kingsley Amis on his loss of libido when he turned fifty

https://www.linuxcounter.net/cert/550036.png