Re: Make CapsLock an additional Escape key - Problem: https://wiki.debian.org/Keyboard advice does not work

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 10:08:26AM +0200, Dejan Jocic wrote:
> On 15-09-17, Peter Smith wrote:
> > --> Yes, I have already done that. Nevertheless the documentation on
> > that Wiki page is wrong. I'd like to report a bug or something like
> > this but the Wiki page does not provide any clues on how to do that.
> > I don't want anybody else to waste his/her time by reading and
> > following that wrong documentation. Do you know how to file a bug for
> > that Wiki page?

It's a wiki.  You edit the page yourself, so that it's no longer
incorrect.

> Ahh, sorry, did not get that P.S. part, thought that it is part of
> signature, or something like that. As for wiki question, perhaps you can
> find answer on this page: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianWiki/Contact

You can also file a bug against the pseudo-package "wiki.debian.org".

But the real underlying problem here is

     GNOME BREAKS EVERYTHING

It's really friggin' hard to work around this in documentation that has
been written over a span of 20 years, and has always worked before.

UNTIL GNOME.

Want to set or tweak your locale?  You edit this or that file and you put
this or that variable in it, log out and back in, and it works everywhere
EXCEPT GNOME.

Want to change the PATH variable?  You edit this or that file and log
out and back in, and it works everywhere EXCEPT GNOME.

Want to change keyboard mapping?  You run an xmodmap command to make it
take effect immediately, and then you also put it in this or that file so
that it happens on future logins, and this works everywhere EXCEPT GNOME.

And so on, and so on.

And they made this thing the god damned DEFAULT?!