Re: Re: Make CapsLock an additional Escape key - Problem: https://wiki.debian.org/Keyboard advice does not work

> Hi,
>
> I have tried to change the behavior of the CapsLock key to make it an
> additional Escape key. In order to do this I read the advice on
> https://wiki.debian.org/Keyboard
>
> Specifically I did:
> I changed the file /etc/default/keyboard to:
>
> XKBLAYOUT="us,at"
> XKBVARIANT=","
> BACKSPACE="guess"
> XKBMODEL="pc105"
> XKBOPTIONS="caps:escape"
>
> Then I tried to execute the commands
>
> # service keyboard-setup restart
>
> and rebooting the the whole system. Nothing worked. After rebooting
> the CapsLock key behaved in exactly the same manner as before
> rebooting. It is still a CapsLock key.
>
> Maybe this is helpful:
> I use Debian Testing with Gnome.
>
> Does anyone have any tips on why this does not work? Or how to inform
> the Wiki team that this page contains wrong information?
>
> Best regards,
> Peter
>
> P.S.: I actually was able to change the keyboard layout later on by
> the Gnome Tweak tool, but nevertheless I do not unterstand why the
> official information does not work and it should be rectified.
>

>In case of Gnome, use gnome tweak tool, typing, caps lock key behaviour.
>Set it there and that's it.

--> Yes, I have already done that. Nevertheless the documentation on
that Wiki page is wrong. I'd like to report a bug or something like
this but the Wiki page does not provide any clues on how to do that.
I don't want anybody else to waste his/her time by reading and
following that wrong documentation. Do you know how to file a bug for
that Wiki page?