Re: musescore

On Thu, Sep 07, 2017 at 12:03:28PM -0400, Karen Lewellen wrote:
Hi everyone,
Keeping this question as simple as I can. I do not presently run Linux outside of shell services, still seeking local talent to build / train me in the operating system..as I desire using the system.
Music is a major motivator however.  So, is the musescore program,
www.musescore.org
still included  by default in Debian distributions?
I realize if present it may not be the most current. I just want to know if the package is included regularly.
Thanks,
Karen

The page for this information is <https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=musescore>. This tells you that Debian stable (the currently released version of Debian) contains version "2.0.3+dfsg1-2+b1" (upstream's 2.0.3 plus some debian-specific patches, usually security- or compatibility-related).

The page also shows that there are versions of musescore in oldstable (the previously released version of Debian), testing (what will become the next released version of Debian) and unstable (the development area). This tells me that there is fairly active maintenance of the package and there is a good chance (but no guarantee) that musescore will continue to be included in Debian.

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his
skin or his background or his religion ... People must learn to
hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to
love... For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its
opposite." Nelson Mandela.

--
For more information, please reread.