Re: Upgrade from jessie to strech wants to bloat by system

Dejan Jocic <jodejka@gmail.com> writes:

> Can you check what happens if you use apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
> followed by apt-get dist-upgrade? Aptitude is not really best tool for
> upgrades between distribution releases.

I changed to aptitude quite some time ago, because it seems to better
remove unused automatically installed packages, although it still does
not work quite satisfactory.

OK, I hope I find some time tonight, to backup /, /usr, and /var and
then do a dist-upgrade with apt-get.  But it seems not be very
different:

    # apt-get --auto-remove dist-upgrade
    1215 upgraded, 412 newly installed, 161 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 1930 MB of archives.
    After this operation, 1560 MB of additional disk space will be used.
    E: You don't have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/.

This command also installs e.g. clang-3.8 but does not remove the
automatically installed clang-3.5.

urs