Re: (solved) Re: how to roll back to jessie

On 9/3/17, songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:
> Long Wind wrote:
>> I have decided re-install jessie from scratch
>> Thanks to all those who reply!
>
>   you're welcome.  it's really the easiest way to
> go if you want quickest and easiest approach.

It's about the "cleanest" route. You get to start all over with a
fresh, clean slate. Being able to easily save the .deb archive files
makes reinstalling favorite programs *so easy*, too.

Tools are making it easier to keep tabs primarily on the /etc
directory where we fiddle around in there, too. Beyond that, much of
what we don't want to lose ends up under /home/[user]. It has been a
very long time since I've lost anything setting wise so things are
really seeming user friendly.

You can always save the problem child install somewhere off to the
side... and then either play around with it later to learn something
new from it....

Or just delete it down the road and teach yourself something even
newer than that because Time is too precious these days.
*kernelnewbies, cough-cough* :D

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey