Re: Install on hp-pavilion-g6-2100 stops at 98%

Hi,

Luis Speciale wrote:
> Consider that what I wrote here it's a transcription and maybe there's some
> bad typing

It will improve the probability of getting help from experts if you
give them the exact strings to search for.

E.g. an amd64 9.1 ISO contains file
  /boot/grub/x86_64-efi/normal.mod
So it would be very significant to know whether the problem message says
indeed:
  /boot/grub/x86_g4-efi/normal.mod

(I assume normal.mod in the /boot tree of the ISO is not the copy
 wanted by grub-update when GNU/Linux is already installed on disk and
 GRUB shall be enabled to boot that disk installation. The wanted file
 would rather have to come from a GRUB package installed on disk.

 But before looking into that, one needs to find out which program
 is actually at endless work.)

Have a nice day :)

Thomas