Re: Install on hp-pavilion-g6-2100 stops at 98%

Le 03/09/2017 à 11:58, Thomas Schmitt a écrit :

I doubt that the way of copying to USB stick is to blame,
because Luis came to GRUB installing, which happens from the running
GNU/Linux, afaik.

Seems to be that now I'm dealing with grub, who has a problem. More on that: an ls command (at boot grub rescue>) over (hd0,gpt3) shows
lib
cache
backups
local
(others folders and…)
www

I presume that it's usr (or equivalent, knowing that I chose separated partitions with LVM (which I believe it's a software that helps to do or adapt partitions on the fly)

over (hd0,gpt2) shows
boot
home
tmp
var
etc
(others folders and…)
vmlinuz.old
initrd.old
vmlinuz
initrd

I presume that it's the system

And last but not least over (hd0,gpt1) shows
(hd0) (hd0.gpt6) (hd0) (hd0.gpt5) (hd0) (hd0.gpt4) (hd0) (hd0.gpt3) (hd0)
(hd0.gpt2) (hd0) (hd0.gpt1) (hd0) (hd1) (cd0)

Consider that what I wrote here it's a transcription and maybe there's some bad typing

So far, my objective now is this grub guy (I'm still being polite with him ;), and the LAST issue is that I can't figure where the linux.mod file is

set root=(hd0,gpt2)
insmod /boot/grub/linux.mod (I believe, after Googling it, that here is my drama)
linux vmlinuz root=/dev/sda2
initrd initrd.img
boot

More technical, the Debian amd64 ISOs have their MBR from ISOLINUX file
"isohdpfx.bin" without "partok" feature (= MBR file "isohdppx.bin").
I.e. it would not boot ISOLINUX and then a Linux kernel if it sat in
a partition with nonzero offset from the device start.
   http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Isohybrid#MBR_selection

If the machine boots via EFI, then it would not have found the partition
table of the ISO which marks the EFI system partition.

Regrettably i cannot say anything that would help Luis, but that the problem
must be somewhere else. The message (is it literally that text ?) indicates
that it could be related to program grub-update in the booted GNU/Linux.

Have a nice day :)

I will ;)

Thanks for the answer

Luis