Re: Virtualbox for stretch and buster not in repos

On 2017-08-11 at 07:18, Sven Hartge wrote:

> Robert Menes <viewtiful.icchan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a reason why virtualbox hasn't migrated into stretch or
>> buster yet?
>
> Short Answer: Because of Oracle.
>
> Longer Answer:

> Testing or any stable release or stable-backports ever again.

Today, I noticed that the virtualbox* packages are available in testing
again (when they showed up to be upgraded as part of a routine
dist-upgrade).

Per the latest comment on that bug report, three days ago, it's been
downgraded in severity so that these packages can be in testing until
the situation can be re-evaluated at the time of the next release freeze.

Whether this will actually be permitted to persist until then, or be
reversed by people who disagree with the rationale, is an open question
- but for the time being, this seems to be available again.

--
   The Wanderer