Re: apt-get: Why "Unable to find source package" errors?

(Sorry, Dejan; I intended to send this to the list.  Apologies for the duplicate message.)

On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 5:13 AM, Dejan Jocic <jodejka@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyway, yes, apt-get build-dep emacs25 works here fine, at least with
--simulate flag.

Thanks!  That's good to know.  It means that I have a misconfiguration somewhere.

How do I troubleshoot this problem further?

On 21-08-17, Kynn Jones wrote:
> OK, I added the trailing / (which, BTW, I guarantee I *never* needed
> before, and I've been doing this for years), ran apt-get update, etc., but
> in the end I got the same results.
>
> Does apt-get build-dep emacs25 work ok for you all?  (I assume that if you
> try it, you'll get a Y/N prompt that'll let you back out.)
>
> Thanks!

Hmm, live and learn. I've been using trailing / for years, I think.