Re: i386 executables on amd64?

On 2017-08-19 18:01 -0700 conover@rahul.net (John Conover) wrote:
>Astonishingly, most of the Wheezy i386 executables run on the Jessie
>amd64 machine, (which came with the project.)
>
>Is this to be expected?

x86-64 CPU can run IA32 programs, even when using a OS (having explicit
support for this, of course, and GNU/Linux does), so it's not unexpected
at this point.

What surprised me is that you did not report dependency problems
with libraries running such an old software. I would have expected that
your old program would require library versions no longer available in
Debian.

Regards.