Re: Virtualbox for stretch and buster not in repos

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 18:19:53 -0400 RavenLX <ravenlx@sitesplace.net>
wrote:

> On 08/18/2017 10:44 AM, Patrick Bartek wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 10:02:03 -0400 RavenLX <ravenlx@sitesplace.net>
> > wrote:
> >> I wonder if there's a replacement for VirtualBox? I need something
> >> that will allow me to share a directory between host and virtual
> >> machine, and to be able to go between both quickly (I don't have a
> >> dual-screen system
> >> - no room where I live for that). If I could find something that
> >> would work I'd switch, I think. As for my friend, he would need far
> >> more features I guess (I don't know what though).
> >
> > Virtualbox has shared folders (directory) as well as shared
> > Clipboard. You just need to install Guest Additions in the Guest OS
> > to enable it. I use both all the time.
> >
> > VB has a lot of other features.  Just read the manual.

> I know, I use the shared folders and clipboard in VirtualBox all the
> time. But with the way Oracle seems to be going with things, what if
> someone wants to switch *away* from VirtualBox and use something
> else? What other VM systems have these same features (which I really
> need)?

There's always VMWare or XEN neither of which I have any real experience
with, just read the manuals.  Never cared much for QEMU or kvm, but
that was years ago.  Maybe, they're easier to set up and use now..