Re: Virtualbox for stretch and buster not in repos

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 10:02:03 -0400 RavenLX <ravenlx@sitesplace.net>
wrote:

> On 08/18/2017 09:14 AM, Sven Hartge wrote:
> > RavenLX <ravenlx@sitesplace.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I always used the Oracle repo anyway because it was updated more
> >> frequently. But I do wish that something could be worked out so
> >> that it would be back in Debian.
> >
> > Highly unlikely, as Oracle behaves like this for all software
> > released and distributed by them.
> >
> > Grüße,
> > Sven.
> >

> I wonder if there's a replacement for VirtualBox? I need something
> that will allow me to share a directory between host and virtual
> machine, and to be able to go between both quickly (I don't have a
> dual-screen system
> - no room where I live for that). If I could find something that
> would work I'd switch, I think. As for my friend, he would need far
> more features I guess (I don't know what though).

Virtualbox has shared folders (directory) as well as shared Clipboard.
You just need to install Guest Additions in the Guest OS to enable it.
I use both all the time.

VB has a lot of other features.  Just read the manual.