Re: Crashes with noveau driver and non-Debian software: How can I report the problems?

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 02:19:50PM +0200, Erik Brangs wrote:
> That's good to know. I don't want to purge xserver-xorg-video-nouveau because Synaptic tells me that this would require removing task-desktop, task-xfce-desktop and xserver-xorg-video-all. The names of those packages sound like they should be kept.

Any package beginning with task- is a meta-package which can be safely
removed.  The sole purpose of a meta-package is to bring in other
packages as dependencies.  It has no content of its own.

There are some other meta-packages that don't begin with task-.  They
usually self-identify in their descriptions, if you can't figure it
out just from the overly generic name and the small installed size.