Crashes with noveau driver and non-Debian software: How can I report the problems?

Hi,

I'm using Anki as a flashcard software. It was available in Jessie but has been removed for Stretch because upstream didn't release a version for current QT in time for Stretch. It's unlikely that Anki can get backported to Stretch because that would require a backport of QT [1]. So I need to get Anki from a non-Debian source.

There are binary builds available at the upstream site at https://apps.ankiweb.net/docs/beta.html and they run on Stretch machines. The binaries sometimes crash on my machine and the console shows error messages from the nouveau driver. I asked upstream about this and they said it was "likely a buggy GL implementation" in the graphics driver. The binaries work fine if I disable hardware acceleration using LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 .

I'd like to know if I should report any bugs about this and/or which packages I could install from backports to check if the driver problem is gone there.

Kind regards,

Erik Brangs

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=855942