Re: Crashes with noveau driver and non-Debian software: How can I report the problems?

Hi,

On 16.08.2017 13:08, Sven Joachim wrote:
> No, purging xserver-xorg-video-nouveau won't have the desired effect,
> because the modesetting driver will also load nouveau_dri.so.

That's good to know. I don't want to purge xserver-xorg-video-nouveau because Synaptic tells me that this would require removing task-desktop, task-xfce-desktop and xserver-xorg-video-all. The names of those packages sound like they should be kept.

Should I report a bug against xserver-xorg-video-nouveau to report the crashes? Or is that not appropriate because the affected binary isn't shipped by Debian?

Kind regards,

Erik Brangs