Re: obsolete wiki

The wiki page is at https://wiki.debian.org/Init

On Tue 15 Aug 2017 at 10:07:07 -0400, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:

> On Monday, August 14, 2017 05:39:40 PM Felix Miata wrote:
> > Brian composed on 2017-08-14 22:10 (UTC+0100):
> > >  I take it you are not up for altering the Init page?
> >
> > I looked in the thread and was unable to find that anyone had provided a
> > URL for "the Init page". Without seeing the particular page in question I
> > can't answer, but I'm guessing the answer would be I would feel I have too
> > little competence to adequately address that particular subject, as with
> > most wiki pages I find deficient.
>
> Well, even a vague note on the page something like:
>
> "Some of this seems to be out of date with the advent of systemd and its
> adoption in Debian starting with version n.n (<Toy Story name>).  If you can
> contribute anything more to this story, please do."
>

> ...would be a start.

A note is not a bad idea, but is the information on the page really
outdated, or is it inappropriate because it does not reflect the reality
in jessie and onwards? As I tried to say in another post in this thread,
what should the page say and how should it be structured? What should be
omitted and what be put in. What is the purpose of the page?

Sorry if I gave the impression that Felix Miata should be personally
responsible for any changes. The point I was trying to make was that
someone (or a number of someones) has to do it. Take a look at the
BootProcess page. The link is on the Init page; looking at that page
in isolation only scratches the surface of the task.

--
Brian.