Re: Debian8 is not playing with Synology using NFS/CIFS

Am Tue, 08 Aug 2017 14:31:33 +0000 schrieb Curt:

> Did you look on the innertubes? This seems to be quite a popular
> question. No help here, for instance?
>
> https://superuser.com/questions/860553/user-id-mapping-with-nfs-on-
synology-nas

> If not I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks for the link. I think the whole NFS stuff is a really ugly and
partly broken dinosaur. I'm using NFS (v3) for decades now, and all the
glitches are still not really solved. And CIFS for Linux clients seems to
be no way to go.

I'm afraid I have to setup Kerberos to work-around the broken ipmapd
stuff. More than a little bit "oversized"...

Thanks for the help!