Re: changing the ethernet interface name

On Tue, 8 Aug 2017, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

Interesting.

Perhaps mine comes from an older version of Debian, or perhaps it's
just something that must be manually created (which I did a few years
ago now), IDK sorry.

I've attacked mine in case it's useful for you - just add lines in
there acccording to each relevant MAC address, restart networking and
you should be good to go. Replace the lines I've got there.

  I suppose that it actually comes from an older version.
  Mine is now Stretch, but I have this 70-persistent-net.rules file from my previous
  release, i.e. Jessie, which I saved on disk before doing the Stretch install..
  Anyway, the kernel option method works fine for the eth name, and I put it the grub config.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel