Re: xfig(1) in Debian 8/Jessie

On Debian 8/Jessie, i386, do:

    xfig xxx.fig

Then, (draw a dash-dot-dash-dot line, anyplace):

    POLYLINE drawing

    Line Style
        select dash-dot-dash-dot ...
            and then draw a line, anyplace

And, it does a SIGSEGV.

It seems that there is a bug in that simple procedure, resulting in a
core dump.

The reason that Debian 8/Jessie could not read the legacy files is
that they had hole axis (dash-dot-dash-dot ...) lines.

Anyhow, it replicates on my systems.

    John

--

John Conover, conover@rahul.net, http://www.johncon.com/