Re: Live recording

I'm not real sure what you guys are talking about, but the talk of
stereo microphones leads into a mildly grey area.

There are stereo microphones -- I have one, an AKG C-24. And there are
a few others.

It's a single microphone in that it's a single object, but it's stereo
because there are actually two mics in there. You point the capsules
in different directions. And there are two outputs.

They're used, mostly, for classical orchestral recordings, in the X-Y
stereo technique.

They're rare, but they do exist. FWIW.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microphone_practice

--