Re: Missing HDMI display

On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 07:19:13AM -0500, Michael Milliman wrote:
> Xorg.0.log does not exist on my system (this mystified me when I went
> to look at it)

In stretch, it can be in either of two places, depending on whether
X runs as root or as your non-root user.

If X runs as root, then /var/log/Xorg.0.log

If X runs as you, then ~/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log

Which way X runs depends on how you start X *and* on which graphics
chipset is being used.  (Some chipsets require the legacy X-as-root.)