Redmine on server in DMZ

A few years ago we got redmine working on a server in the DMZ on our
network using ruby gems copied there from another computer with access
to the internet.

This server has now been updated to Debian Stretch - which broke the
redmine installation.

None of us know Ruby-on-Rails or Ruby well enough to debug the errors
or to rectify what is wrong at the moment.

I tested a new redmine-pgsql installation on another computer with
free access to the internet and it seems that as part of the post
installation process it installed a lot of gems.  We cannot do that in
the DMZ because the server cannot reach out to the internet.

Is it possible to install redmine without having to install extra gems?

Regards
Johann

--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)