Re: Can "PulseAudio Volume Control" devs be redeemed?

On 2017-07-23, Cindy-Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/22/17, Curt <curty@free.fr> wrote:

>>> No idea what your problem is, I have always been able to see the tabs.
>>> Ric
>>>

>> Me neither. I've got all five. Ordinary display size here.
>>
>> I've read that the HDMI output on the Udoo depends on the S/PDIF control
>> and
>> installing pulseaudio mutes it. Maybe that has something to do with "The
>> Mysterious Case of the Hidden Tabs."
>

> I have 2 to 5 depending on the size of the window. Instead of all five
> reflexively changing size relative to the window size, they do what
> the main Xfce4 desktop toolbar does, for example. They become silently
> hidden behind a drop-down arrow. Or in the case of PulseAudio, a
> drop-left AND drop-right arrow. :)

I took the scientific route and downloaded the deb for Stretch
(amd64, my particular sauce) and unpacked it (dpkg -x
pavucontrol_3.0-3.1_amd64.deb _directory_) and indeed the default
geometry for the window is set in pavucontrol.glade at 500x400
(width/height) just as Erik claimed.

Therefore I declare his rant warranted.

;-)

(If ever rants are really warranted.)

Maybe this constrained default geometry could be considered a bug that
should be reported to the proper authorities.

--
“We’ll sit around talking about the good old days, when we wished that we were dead.”
--Samuel Beckett, speculating on the nature of the afterlife.