Re: Can "PulseAudio Volume Control" devs be redeemed?

On 2017-07-22, Erik Christiansen <dvalin@internode.on.net> wrote:
> On 22.07.17 09:36, Curt wrote:

>> > No idea what your problem is, I have always been able to see the tabs. Ric
>> >

>> Me neither. I've got all five. Ordinary display size here.
>>
>> I've read that the HDMI output on the Udoo depends on the S/PDIF control and
>> installing pulseaudio mutes it. Maybe that has something to do with "The
>> Mysterious Case of the Hidden Tabs."
>
> Aha, if the "PulseAudio Volume Control" window is manually widened, the
> suppressed tabs become visible. Is it then the Debian 9.0.0 distro-smiths
> who have set too small a window size in their LXDE menu item invocation?

Calling all LXDE Debian 9.0.0 "PulseAudio Volume Control" users for
theory validation.

Of course, we assume you didn't "manually" fiddle with the geometry of
the window during some previous invocation, which fiddling it
inconveniently remembered to your profound and vocal dismay.

I mean, we're talking pristine window here, geometrically speaking,
right?

> It is cruel that so small an error causes such a reduction in usability.

Butterfly.

--
“We’ll sit around talking about the good old days, when we wished that we were dead.”
--Samuel Beckett, speculating on the nature of the afterlife.