Re: cups

On 2017-07-21, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> A .pdf file is quite compressed. I've had a 12 meg pdf unpack to several
> gigabytes, and use close to 800 pages of Georgia-Pacifics finest 24 lb
> bright white to make it into dead tree format.

My better half prints PDFs (knitting diagrams, mostly) from a wireless
windows client via ipp to my Brother HL-2030 connected via usb and never
ever has it taken anywhere close to fifteen minutes of cogitation for
the printer to start spitting out copy (in fact it's always been a
matter of a handful of seconds).

Are we sure there is no problem to be identified?

Maybe the log files could be revealing.

--
“We’ll sit around talking about the good old days, when we wished that we were dead.”
--Samuel Beckett, speculating on the nature of the afterlife.