Re: cups

On Thursday 20 July 2017 13:51:19 Pol Hallen wrote:

> Hi all :-)
>
> can someone tell me how cups handles pdf files?
>
> I've cups on server and some clients connected to it
> (ipp://ip/printer)
>
>  From client I print (ie: a 300Kb of pdf), in log cups server I see
> that file size about 4/5Mb (why?), so the printer before print it I've
> to wait also 15 minutes :-/
>
> This happens only with a client with debian testing (and latest update
> of cups) before this updates no problem.
>
> thanks for help and advices :-)))

A .pdf file is quite compressed. I've had a 12 meg pdf unpack to several
gigabytes, and use close to 800 pages of Georgia-Pacifics finest 24 lb
bright white to make it into dead tree format.

The method of makeing the pdf, is actually one of the better compressors
extant.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)