Re: cups

On 20.07.17 19:51, Pol Hallen wrote:
> From client I print (ie: a 300Kb of pdf), in log cups server I see that file
> size about 4/5Mb (why?), so the printer before print it I've to wait also 15
> minutes :-/

Is the file for the printer postscript? That is always bigger than the
pdf equivalent, even before you get to the fancy compression of images
that Gene mentions.

A printer with a slow processor can take many minutes to process large
volumes of postscript. I have a small HP 3-in-1 laserprinter, and it can
be slow. I don't remember how PCL5 compares to postscript for speed.

> This happens only with a client with debian testing (and latest update of
> cups) before this updates no problem.

That may be "why", but the file format will elucidate "how", which is the
technically revealing bit.

Erik