Can debian-live-9.0.1-i386-lxde be made to install from USB?

On 18.07.17 11:06, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> On the other hand, if you just want to _install_ Debian rather than to
> run it as "live" system, then you should for now use one of the
> installation ISOs.
> E.g. the small one which is just enough to fetch more packages from the
> internet:
>
>   https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/i386/iso-cd/debian-9.0.0-i386-netinst.iso
>
> or the DVD sized one with a more complete system:
>
>   https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/i386/iso-dvd/debian-9.0.0-i386-DVD-1.iso
>
> Installation attempts from live-cd ISOs caused lots of complaints.
> (It is unclear how many attempts succeeded.)

Many thanks. The second install iso above is much better behaved, but
possibly a little overeager. When it was paused at "Install base
system", I reached over to the wireless keyboard to press <enter>, and
inadvertently pressed the space bar while picking it up. That was
enough to trigger the installation. No harm done in this instance, but
less safe prior to disk formatting. (Users - who'd have 'em. Better off
without. ;)

It was with delight that I found I could select LXDE, rather than Gnome
or KDE.

Erik
(Who now has debian on all hosts except one old one with ubuntu.)